Saturday, November 15, 2014

My goal with this blog

My goal with this blog is to tell the story of my writing.  I'm going to write about each of my books, not what the books are about, per se, but about my life while I wrote that book, what I was thinking that helped me create the plot for each book, or the basic theme if it was a non-fiction book.  Where I was when I worked on the book, which is interesting in some cases such as "The Long Ride Home". I was on a cross-country bicycle trip in real life with my netbook computer in the handlebar bag of my bicycle.  Some books or parts of books were written on back-country camping trips, or while visiting relatives across the country. 

I want to share what made me write certain scenes the way I did, or who different characters might have been based on.  I hope to help readers see what made me 'tick' while I worked on my books.  

It will also give people an opportunity to ask questions about an individual book, or just to talk about what they liked or didn't like. or any other input.

Thank you!
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment